Thank you for inquiring about enrollment at Harding University. We appreciate your interest in attending our school. We currently have more than 250 international students representing 54 foreign nations.
How to Apply
International students seeking admission to the University should submit the following:
- Student Application for Admission
- Housing Preference Form and $140 housing deposit
- $100 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee
- Complete academic credentials (certificates, diplomas, matriculation examination results, degrees, etc.)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (if official language is not English)
- All international students, both undergraduate and graduate, who enroll at Harding University are expected to present a TOEFL score of 550 or higher (or an equivalent combined score of 70 on the IBT) or a 6.0 on the IELTS.
- Please complete these three required forms:
(3) Financial Certification (pdf)
- $1,000 enrollment deposit. The enrollment deposit is refundable if student cannot attend for any reason.
When all items for admission have been received, you will be considered for admission. An I-20 will be sent only after a student has been accepted to the University.
Each student must file a $1,000 deposit which will be used towards your first semester's tuition at the university. You will also need to submit a $140 security deposit to reserve your housing that may be refunded after your time at Harding is over. Upon receipt of these deposits and the other admissions items, the student's credentials will be evaluated by the Admissions Committee. The enrollment deposit is refundable if they cannot attend for any reason. Students will not be accepted without the deposit.
Cost & Financial Aid
The estimated annual cost for tuition, fees, room and board is $26,279. Although international students are not required to take the ACT or SAT, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions Services strongly recommends that students take one of these tests to possibly qualify for scholarship money.
The cost for a two-semester period (nine months) — including tuition, fees, room, board, and supplies — is approximately $26,279.
Although Federal financial aid is not available, some international students may be eligible for private loans. Also, international students may be eligible for scholarship assistance up to 1/4 tuition. However, certain restrictions do apply. Harding University cannot guarantee part-time employment during the regular semesters, nor during the summer months. In no case will a student be able to receive financial assistance from the university which will exceed actual tuition costs. Funds for room, board, books, clothing and miscellaneous expenses must come from some other source.
The school year consists of two semesters (about 4 1/2 months each), with the first semester beginning late in August and the second in January. Most students attend only these two semesters; however, the summer sessions begin in June and enable some students to acquire additional credit equivalent to about two-thirds of the coursework of a regular semester.
Assistant Director of Admissions
Searcy, AR 72149-5615 USA