The Elementary Education program offered at Harding University certifies a candidate to teach kindergarten through sixth grades (K-6).
All Elementary Education majors must meet the requirements for Admission to the Teacher Education Program, Admission to the Supervised Teaching Semester, and the criteria below:
- At least 45 upper-level hours and 128 total hours are required for graduation.
- At least eight hours of textual Bible classes including BNEW 111 and 113 and BOLD 203 and 207 are also required.
- English course sequence of 113, 201 or 202, and 211 is required.
- ELED 410 is a prerequisite for ELED 411.
- EDFD 311 must be taken at Harding University.
- Students should take EDFD 202 and 203 during their freshman year but no later than the junior year.
- Students should apply for admission to the Teacher Education Program as soon as they complete EDFD 202 and 203.
- Students should reserve either the fall or spring semester of the senior year for the block of courses accompanying student teaching.
Suggested Program for Elementary Education
If you have difficulty in downloading the PDF's above visit Adobe Support for help with downloading or contact email@example.com and they can mail you the forms if you are a prospective student. Please provide your address and your graduation month and year.