Women in God's Service
February 19-20, 2016
More info coming soon.
- Non-Student Registration: $35 per person
- Student Registration (no credit): $25 per student
- Student Registration (for credit): Harding students taking WINGS for credit (BRES 363) must add the WINGS course to their Spring schedule in the Registrar's office, and will be charged tuition for one credit hour. There is no additional registration costs. The course syllabus can be found by clicking on the BRES 363 Syllabus link. Note: both non-student and student registration includes full access to all programs, all handouts, and food events.
- Six relationship CEU's are available for a fee of $20 in addition to the registration fee. Forms for CEUs will be available at the registration table along with further instructions.
- Attendees will be issued badges. This badge will be your pass for food events as well. Gluten free options will be available.
- Interpretation for the deaf may be provided only if requested by February 8th.
- Paula Vines is registering by phone at 501-279-4347 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose this method of registration, you may pay when you arrive, just as before.
- The Heritage Inn is very convenient and their number is 501-279-4700 or 1-888-766-2465 to get information and make arrangements for staying on campus.
More info coming soon.
Legacy of Women in God’s Service Award recipients display a love and understanding of their faith; articulate a commitment, not just to performing acts of service, but to living a service-focused life; and demonstrate awareness that their gifts are blessings from God.
The Women in God’s Service planners seek nominations for the annual Legacy of Women in God’s Service Christian Service Awards. Legacy Awards will be presented annually at the WINGS Conference. Nominations for Legacy of Women in God’s Service Awards can be submitted by anyone. The nominations can be for an individual or a team. A team is a group of people with complementary skills who are committed to a common purpose. The members of the team should be identified in the nomination.
Awards will be given to individuals who reflect the mission and spirit of the church through their contributions in such areas as faith-related service, community service, youth mentoring and activity in community organizations.
Nominations must be received by February 10. For more information and a nomination form, download the PDF form above or call 501-279-4347.
The awards will be presented at the WINGS Conference on the last weekend of February each year at Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas.
History of the Legacy of Women in God’s Service Awards
In 2012, the Legacy of Women in God’s Service recognition was established in order to honor Christian women who demonstrate exemplary Christ-centered behavior, as evidenced through their volunteer service to church, school, and community. Christian service is defined as acts which stem from a Christ-centered belief in serving the Lord and doing His will. Service is the selfless giving of oneself to benefit others with no expectation of recognition, reward, or acknowledgement.
The WINGS Legacy Committee (comprised of four members) will make a selection of the recipients based on the criteria listed below.
- Award recipients are required to be faithful members of the Church of Christ.
- Award recipient must be a worthy example of Christian living for other women.
- Award recipient must have a life story that is encouraging to others.
- Award recipient must exemplify Christ-centered behavior through volunteer service to church, school, and community;
- Award recipient must be 60 or above.
- Award recipient, or representative of the recipient, must be present to receive the award.
- WINGS does not present awards posthumously, except in the case that the recipient's death occurs after the Legacy Award Selection Committee approves the nomination.
- An individual may not receive more than one Legacy award.
- The WINGS committee allows joint recipients of Legacy awards when the nomination is for joint work extended over a long period.
Legacy Award Nomination Requirements
Anyone may nominate an individual for the Legacy Award. Nominations should be made without the candidate's knowledge and must include the items listed below.
- Completed Legacy of Women in God’s Service nomination form.
- Brief citation stating the accomplishments that make the nominee deserving of this particular award.
- A one-page narrative description of the significant aspects of the nominee's Christian service.
- Four letters of reference. As of 2013, four letters are required (i.e. 4 is both the minimum and the maximum). Diversity of support is preferred; not all letters of recommendation should come from nominee's home church. The nominator may not serve as a reference.
- Only a complete nomination will be considered by the Legacy award committee.
Nominations should be specific about the achievements for which the award is proposed. Clear, concise information about the accomplishments of the nominee is more useful than extensive materials. Excessive documentation will not be distributed to the selection committee. Only complete nominations will be considered. Incomplete nominations will be returned or held for consideration when complete.
Any nominee not chosen for the Legacy Award is automatically considered for the award the next two years by the next two consecutive committees that consider candidates. (A minimum of four nominations for the nominee must be considered before a committee can select an award recipient). Nominators are encouraged to update or augment the nomination materials, if appropriate, prior to the next year's deadline. After consideration by three selection committees, the nomination is retired.