Mission of the Carr College of Nursing: "Developing Nurses as Christian Servants"
The Harding University Carr College of Nursing (HCCN) fosters a supportive environment, which challenges professional nursing students to reach their full potential. The Carr College of Nursing's mission is to provide a quality education, which leads to an understanding and philosophy of life consistent with Christian ideals. This involves the following goals:
- The preparation of nurses who provide nursing care reflective of their faith and Christian service and who value lifelong intellectual growth.
- The encouragement of practice-oriented critical thinking which acknowledges dependence on God and is built upon a liberal arts foundation.
- The development of a commitment to Christian values,e thics, intellectual excellence, and undergraduate and graduate standards of professional nursing practice.
- The promotion of supportive personal and professional relationships.
- The promotion of lifelong health habits that contribute to a better quality of life physically, spiritually, psychologically, and socially.
- The emphasis of a servant-leadership lifestyle which prepares graduates who have a respect for cultures and an understanding of world missions.