Future Students Parents & Family Alumni & Friends Students & Employees
Admissions & Aid Academics Spiritual Life International Athletics Quick Links

Transfer Students

Students who transfer to Harding University should request an official transcript be sent to the University during the admissions process. After the admissions process has been completed and the student has been admitted, the Registrar’s Office will evaluate the transcript to award transfer credit.

Regionally accredited institutions:  To assist with the transcript evaluation, students should be aware that the previous college or university must be regionally accredited for credit to be accepted routinely. Some courses will transfer as an equivalent to a Harding course while other courses may be transferred as an elective course. 

Equivalency Tables: To see what is equivalent credit, students may check Course Equivalency. Harding accepts most Liberal Arts courses from regionally-accredited schools. You may also send course descriptions to transfer@harding.edu to have the course reviewed. 

Transfer from non-regionally accredited institutions: Students who attended a non-accredited institution should be aware that these courses may not transfer. For these courses, the student will be required to submit course descriptions before the Registrar can complete the validation process. It is important for students transferring from non-regionally accredited schools to understand that this process may not be accomplished prior to admissions.  The evaluation process takes time and it may be completed during the first semester of enrollment at Harding. Students should visit with the Transcript Coordinator in the Registrar's Office prior to enrolling in classes. Advisors and the Transcript Coordinator will work together to ensure the student does not repeat courses not needed. However, accreditation issues are important and transfer courses must meet the content and the credit hour requirements of Harding University.

After the evaluation has been completed, awarded credit will be recorded on the Harding University transcript. Students may view the accepted credit on their Harding transcript via their Pipeline account. Except for international schools, transfer credit will be calculated in the grade point average (GPA).

Transfer students with a low GPA who are admitted to the University will be placed in an academic warning status. Students with a low GPA are strongly encouraged to visit with the Academic Advising Center or with their assigned advisor to review their transcript. Courses with low grades may need to be repeated. Earning a higher grade in a repeated course may assist in raising the GPA and remove any warning or probation status.  However, prior to repeating a course, students should consult with the office of financial aid if receiving financial aid, or with the VA certifying official if receive VA benefits.

Contact the Registrar’s Office at 501-279-4404 or email registrar@harding.edu with questions regarding transfer of credit.

Transferring from an Arkansas college or university?  Students who are transferring between colleges in Arkansas may click on the box on the right lower corner and review transferable courses. 

Harding accepts most liberal arts courses completed at Arkansas public schools. 


Administration 106

501- 279-4388

Registrar's Office
Box 10766
915 E. Market Ave.
Searcy, AR 72149

Office Hours
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.