Graduate School of Business
Master of Business Administration
This 100% online MBA program is highly flexible and designed with the needs of working professionals in mind. Harding's Master of Business Administration program is an ethics-based course of study designed to prepare business professionals for advancement and success through both personal and professional growth. Every MBA course includes an emphasis in business ethics, critical thinking processes, and communication skills and problem-solving techniques. Our curriculum focuses on developing leaders of integrity who can provide solutions that contribute to the ethical culture of their organization.
- 100% online MBA program is highly flexible and designed with the needs of working professionals in mind
- Ethics based course of study designed to prepare business professionals for advancement and success through both personal and professional growth
- Every MBA course includes an emphasis in business ethics, critical thinking, communication skills, and problem solving techniques
- Curriculum focuses on developing leaders of integrity who can provide solutions that contribute to the ethical culture of their organization
- Some live events and presentation opportunities are offered
- Foundational readiness courses are available to prepare you for success
Who would benefit from this program?
- Students who want to apply for a highly-credentialed and competitive position
- Professionals seeking leadership and responsible positions within their company
- Professionals who are wanting to make themselves more marketable in the job market
- Academics seeking to bolster their credentials to obtain teaching positions
- Business owners and entrepreneurs needing to expand their knowledge and network in order to run their business better
- Individuals simply interested in furthering their education and learning about business
Accelerated dual degrees
Accelerated dual degrees are offered to Harding University undergraduate students with a minimum of 90 hours and a 3.0 GPA. You can receive dual credit for select courses by taking graduate-level and undergraduate courses concurrently. The result is the completion of the dual degree in five years or less.
Two dual degrees are available with an MBA:
- Bachelor of Business Administration-MBA
- Bachelor of Arts in Film-MBA
Best Online MBA:
Harding University's online MBA program has been recognized as one of the best in the country in 2018 by BestColleges.com, a leading provider of higher education research and college planning resources. The ranking highlights accredited, not-for-profit institutions who have developed exceptional academic online programs for students looking to advance their knowledge, skills, and careers in business administration.
How to Apply
Harding University Graduate School of Business is participating in the Business Centralized Application Service (BusinessCAS).
- Preferred browsers are Google Chrome or Firefox
- Online application customer service: 617-926-0504 or BusinessCAS@liaisoncas.com.
- Complete and submit the BusinessCAS application and applicable fees
- Request official transcripts be sent to BusinessCAS*
(not required of Harding University alumni OR current Harding University students.)
- Request three letters of recommendation in BusinessCAS
- Upload one writing sample in BusinessCAS
- Upload a current resume/CV in BusinessCAS
- Request GMAT or GRE scores, as applicable. (See Admissions Requirements below.)
Additional Requirement for International Students
- TOEFL scores, as applicable. TOEFL CODE: B888 (See additional information below.)
*Transcripts should be sent directly to:
BusinessCAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9221
Watertown, MA 02471
Admission to the Harding University Graduate School of Business is determined on an individual basis. Requirements include:
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale). Persons with less than a 3.0 GPA may be considered for provisional admission.
- GMAT (target score of 500) or GRE (target score of 300)
- WAIVERS: The GMAT/GRE entrance exam is waived for applicants with a GPA of 3.5 with less than 5 years’ professional experience or with a GPA of 3.0 with a minimum of 5 years’ professional experience. Additional waivers for the entrance exam may be possible (e.g., previous graduate work, analytical responsibilities including P&L, CPA licensure).
Though not a requirement for admission, if your degree did not include courses in accounting, financial management and statistics, you may be required to take short leveling readiness courses prior to taking your first courses in the program. Please speak to a graduate advisor to determine placement within these courses.
Provisional standing due to academic reasons
Not all candidates meet the criteria for regular admission but may demonstrate the ability to succeed in graduate level work. Students entering the Graduate School of Business with an undergraduate GPA of 2.5-2.99 or with entrance exams below the required target scores may be granted provisional admission with the condition that the student maintains a GPA of no less than 3.0 on the first 9 hours of graduate work completed. Upon satisfying this condition, the student will be granted full matriculation.
About additional documents for international students
Harding University requires all international applicants for whom English is not their first language or who have not graduated from an American university to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). TOEFL results for international students should be 550 PBT, 213 CBT or 80 iBT minimum score (no older than five years) or demonstrated performance at a U.S. institution of higher learning.
TOEFL CODE: B888
When To Apply
Apply for MBA sessions by the following dates:
Spring 2021 Block 1: December 11, 2020
Spring 2021 Block 2: February 12, 2021
Summer 2021: May 7, 2021
Fall 2021 Block 1: July 23, 2021
Fall 2021 Block 2: September 17, 2021
Cost of Attendance
Program Structure & Curriculum Plan
Students who possess an undergraduate degree and have been exposed to the Common Business Proficiency Components may move directly into the MBA.
The program begins with an emphasis on essential skills necessary to be successful in Harding's MBA program. Students move on to explore core business fundamentals in the areas of ethics, management, accounting, financial management, quantitative business analysis, and marketing. The curriculum is presented in a logical flow to facilitate the learning process, culminating in an experiential capstone course.
The MBA curriculum requires the completion of 7 core classes, representing 21 credit hours of study. In addition to the core classes, students choose three elective courses, representing 9 credit hours of study, resulting in completion of the required 30 hours for an MBA degree. Students may choose their electives from a portfolio of elective offerings.
Students will pace themselves through the program. A student taking the maximum credits allowed can earn their degree in as few as 12 months. We use a Master Schedule and a student can take up to 7 years to complete the program.
For program schedules, please see the Semester Course Schedules on the Graduate School of Business home page.
For additional information about the Harding MBA, you may want to consult the Catalog.
The Graduate School of Business is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) which is a leading specialized accreditation association for business education supporting, celebrating, and rewarding teaching excellence.
The association embraces the virtues of teaching excellence and emphasizes to students that it is essential to learn how to learn. ACBSP accredits business, accounting, and business-related programs at the associate, baccalaureate, master, and doctorate degree levels worldwide. Recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in 2001 and again in 2011, ACBSP was the first to offer specialized business accreditation at all degree levels.
**Currently, only the MBA program is approved under the accreditation. As the other GSB programs are new to the College of Business, they have not yet gone through the accreditation process by ACBSP but will be forthcoming.