Graduate School of Business
ONLINE M.S. IN INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Harding's MSIS is 100% online and equips business professionals to create technology advantage through data analytics, security and project management.
In a world where 90% of the data has been created in the last two years alone, the shelf life of education has never been shorter. Every business decision is data driven and every job is being reshaped by technology. This digital transformation is driving success in business. The MSIS does not require a technical undergraduate degree or experience.
- 100% online MSIS program is designed with the needs of working professionals in mind
- Equips business professionals to create competitive advantage through digital transformation
- Curriculum focuses on developing informed leaders of integrity who formulate policies that protect and respect the privacy, and value of personal information
- Equips students to become power users of technology
- MSIS courses include an emphasis in ethics in technology, critical thinking, communication skills and problem solving techniques
- Areas of emphasis include data analytics, information security, and project management
- No technical qualifications required
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS PROGRAM?
- Students who want to apply for a highly-credentialed and competitive position
- Professionals who are wanting to make themselves more marketable in the job market
- Business owners seeking to maximize value from technology investments
- Business professionals who want to stay current with tech related changes affecting their career
- Those working in tech field who do not have undergraduate qualifications in this field
- Those working in the tech field who have undergraduate qualifications in the field, but want to add to their qualifications and update their knowledge in data analytics, project management or information security
CAREER OUTCOMES WITH AN MSIS DEGREE
With an MSIS degree, you will be prepared to pursue a variety of careers that depend on the skills gained in this program. A recent survey revealed over 50% of workers felt they were held back by a lack of technology knowledge.1 Hiring managers and company leadership are no longer looking for basic technology skills, but rather they are searching for new hires that are open-minded and ready to mold their everyday work around the new technologies being developed. The MSIS program fosters the development of this ability.
In addition to accelerating your current career path, graduates can transition to information systems jobs, such as:
- Strategic technology consultant
- Computer systems analyst
- Project manager
- Data analyst
- Information security analyst
A Master of Science in information systems can not only expand your job opportunities but also increase your earning potential. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in May 2020, the median wage was $93,730 for computer systems analysts,2 $77,420 for project management specialists and business operations specialist,3 and $91,250 for computer and information technology occupations.4 The promise of information systems salaries can provide you with a sense of security while pursuing an MSIS degree.
To apply for Harding’s online MSIS program, applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. In addition, they must have a GPA of 2.7 or above and submit a professional resume. If you do not meet these requirements, you can still apply for provisional admission.APPLICATION
Applying for graduate school should be stress-free, so Harding Online uses BusinessCAS to manage and track applications. To apply for Harding’s MBA program, you will utilize BusinessCAS to complete the following admissions requirements:
- Submit your application and pay your application fee.
- Submit your resume or CV.
- Request your official bachelor’s degree transcripts. (Must be from an accredited institution.)
The student should request electronic transcripts and select BusinessCAS as the location for the transcript to be sent.
If a paper transcript is requested, it should be sent to BusinessCAS at the following address:
BusinessCAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9221
Watertown, MA 02471
Transcript(s) showing master’s level credits from an accredited institution may be submitted for transfer consideration.
Cost of Attendance
Harding offers its online MSIS program at a rate of $635 per credit hour. In addition, students are responsible for a technology fee of $27 per credit hour and a one-time graduation fee of $175.
Harding’s online tuition rate for the MSIS can be further defrayed through scholarship and grant opportunities. Learn more about Harding University’s financial assistance opportunities and additional ways to minimize your online tuition costs as a graduate student.**In order to receive student loans each semester, graduate students must be enrolled in 4 credit hours.
The Master of Business Administration and the Master of Science in information systems are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) which is a leading specialized accreditation association for business education supporting, celebrating, and rewarding teaching excellence.
The association embraces the virtues of teaching excellence and emphasizes to students that it is essential to learn how to learn. ACBSP accredits business, accounting, and business-related programs at the associate, baccalaureate, master, and doctorate degree levels worldwide. Recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in 2001 and again in 2011, ACBSP was the first to offer specialized business accreditation at all degree levels.
Graduate Students including Masters or Doctorate
Student IT Help: 501-279-4545
Telephone Service: 501-279-4100