Graduate School of Business
M.S. in Information Systems
Harding's MSIS is 100% online and equips business professionals to create technology advantage through Data Analytics, Security and Project Management.
In a world where 90% of the data has been created in the last two years alone, the shelf life of education has never been shorter. Every business decision is data driven and every job is being reshaped by technology. Digital transformation can only be successfully achieved via a 360 degree view of all organizational information systems, such as provided by this masters program.
- 100% online MSIS program is designed with the needs of working professionals in mind
- Equips business professionals to create competitive advantage through digital transformation
- Curriculum focuses on developing informed leaders of integrity who formulate policies that protect and respect the privacy, and value of personal information
- Equips students to become power users of technology
- MSIS courses include an emphasis in ethics in technology, critical thinking, communication skills and problem solving techniques
- Includes concentrations in data analytics, security, and project management
- No technical qualifications required
Who would benefit from this program?
- Students who want to apply for a highly-credentialed and competitive position
- Professionals who are wanting to make themselves more marketable in the job market
- Business owners seeking to maximize value from technology investments
- Business professionals who want to stay current with tech related changes affecting their career
- Those working in tech field who do not have undergraduate qualifications in this field
- Those working in the tech field who have undergraduate qualifications in the field, but want to add to their qualifications and update their knowledge in data analytics, project management or information security
Choose from two of the fastest-growing areas of technology:
- Information Security and Assurance: Understand and communicate cybersecurity risks, make sound strategic decisions related to investments in cybersecurity, and understand cybersecurity risk management and reporting frameworks.
- Data Analytics: Bridge the gap between the technical expertise of data scientists and the operational expertise of marketing, supply chain, risk, and other frontline managers.
- Project Management: Project management equips participants to manage information systems projects utilizing the latest agile methodologies and provides them the opportunity to be certified by the Project Management Institute.
Accelerated dual degrees
Accelerated dual degrees are offered to Harding University undergraduate students with a minimum of 90 hours and a 3.0 GPA. You can receive dual credit for select courses by taking graduate-level and undergraduate courses concurrently. The result is the completion of the dual degree in five years or less.
Two dual degrees are available with an MSIS:
- Bachelor of Business Administration-MSIS
- Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science-MSIS
When To Apply
Apply for MSIS sessions by the following dates:
Spring 2021 Block 1: December 18, 2020
Spring 2021 Block 2: March 5, 2021
Fall 2021 Block 1: August 13, 2021
Fall 2021 Block 2: October 8, 2021
How to Apply
Harding University Graduate School of Business is participating in the Business Centralized Application Service (BusinessCAS).
- Preferred browsers are Google Chrome or Firefox
- Online application customer service: 617-926-0504 or BusinessCAS@liaisoncas.com.
- Complete and submit the BusinessCAS application and applicable fees
- Request official transcripts be sent to BusinessCAS*
(not required of Harding University alumni OR current Harding University students.)
- Request one letters of recommendation in BusinessCAS
- Upload one writing sample in BusinessCAS
- Upload a current resume/CV in BusinessCAS
- Request GMAT or GRE scores, as applicable. (See Admissions Requirements below.)
Additional Requirement for International Students
- TOEFL scores, as applicable. TOEFL CODE: B888 (See additional information below.)
*Transcripts should be sent directly to:
BusinessCAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9221
Watertown, MA 02471
Admission to the Harding University Graduate School of Business is determined on an individual basis. Requirements include:
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale). Persons with less than a 3.0 GPA may be considered for provisional admission.
- GMAT (target score of 500) or GRE (target score of 300)
- WAIVERS: The GMAT/GRE entrance exam is waived for applicants with a GPA of 3.5 with less than 5 years’ professional experience or with a GPA of 3.0 with a minimum of 5 years’ professional experience. Additional waivers for the entrance exam may be possible (e.g., previous graduate work, analytical responsibilities including P&L, CPA licensure).
Provisional standing due to academic reasons
Not all candidates meet the criteria for regular admission but may demonstrate the ability to succeed in graduate level work. Students entering the Graduate School of Business with an undergraduate GPA of 2.5-2.99 or with entrance exams below the required target scores may be granted provisional admission with the condition that the student maintains a GPA of no less than 3.0 on the first 9 hours of graduate work completed. Upon satisfying this condition, the student will be granted full matriculation.
About additional documents for international students
Harding University requires all international applicants for whom English is not their first language or who have not graduated from an American university to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). TOEFL results for international students should be 550 PBT, 213 CBT or 80 iBT minimum score (no older than five years) or demonstrated performance at a U.S. institution of higher learning.
TOEFL CODE: B888
Cost of Attendance
Is this program highly technical?
The MSIS program is not highly technical and is not a master's in 'Data Science' or 'Cyber Security' which prepares graduates to be experts in these fields. Such degrees typically require a bachelor’s degree in a similar field. The MSIS program does, however, equip the graduate to work closely with these professionals to create better business value for their area.
Program Structure & Curriculum Plan
The MSIS is a 30 credit hour program comprised of 10 courses, 6 courses (18 hours) in the core and 4 courses (12 hours) in a selected concentration. The core consists of IS fundamentals related to key business functions. Students choose a concentration in either Data Analytics or Information Assurance and Security.
Data Analytics bridges the gap between the technical expertise of data scientists and the operational expertise of marketing, supply chain, risk, and other frontline managers. Graduates will be equipped to use Big Data tools to analyze and create data. This new function/role has been termed Citizen Data Scientist, a position that is expected to grow at five times the rate of the data scientist.
Information Assurance and Security
Information Assurance and Security equips graduates to make strategic investments in cybersecurity, understand reporting frameworks, manage cybersecurity risks, and
communicate those risks to internal teams and external clients.
For additional information about the Harding MSIS, you may want to consult the Catalog.
The Graduate School of Business is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)which is a leading specialized accreditation association for business education supporting, celebrating, and rewarding teaching excellence.
The association embraces the virtues of teaching excellence and emphasizes to students that it is essential to learn how to learn. ACBSP accredits business, accounting, and business-related programs at the associate, baccalaureate, master, and doctorate degree levels worldwide. Recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in 2001 and again in 2011, ACBSP was the first to offer specialized business accreditation at all degree levels.
**Currently, only the MBA program is approved under the accreditation. As the other GSB programs are new to the College of Business, they have not yet gone through the accreditation process by ACBSP but will be forthcoming.