Cannon-Clary College of Education
We are delighted that you are considering Harding's College of Education but we realize that a good education does not come cheap and figuring out how to pay for college can be a stressful endeavor. The good news is that there are numerous scholarships and grants available to help you get the degree you want! We invite you to explore the following options for financial assistance.
Diversity in Education Scholarship
The qualifications for the Diversity in Education scholarship are as follows:
- The College of Education shall give consideration to applicants who have self-identified themselves as a member of an underrepresented population as defined by Federal guidelines and demonstrate full financial need based on the Federal Pell Grant guidelines.
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student at Harding University
- Must be accepted to the Teacher Education Program
- Must demonstrate scholarship, reputation for honesty and hard work, good character, life goals, diligence, demonstrated capability and financial need
- Special consideration will be given to applicants who aspire to work with underrepresented populations
For more information about the Diversity in Education scholarship please contact Dr. Carroll Douglass, email@example.com.
Other Scholarships Available
The following scholarships are available to undergraduate Education majors. Applications for these scholarships begin early in the Spring semester and can be picked up in the Teacher Education Office (Thornton Education Center 130). Please call 501-279-4050 or stop by the office if you have any questions.
- AICU Critical Needs Teacher Education Scholarship
- Basil F. Burks Endowed Scholarship
- Mary Ann Harris Scholarship
- Owens Endowed Scholarship
- Pauline Crumpler Foundation Scholarship
- Summitt Family Endowed Scholarship
- Valda Montgomery Endowed Scholarship
The Meredith Susanne Floyd Scholarship is available in Graduate Education to candidates in the area of Educational Leadership in Building Administration or Curriculum and Instruction. Applications are due August 15 for the fall, December 15 for the spring, and May 15 for the summer. Applications can be requested from the Educational Leadership Office by calling 501-279-4117 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also recommend contacting Harding's Financial Aid Office for information about other avenues of financial assistance (FAFSA, etc).