Carr College of Nursing
The Carr College of Nursing’s mission statement is “Developing Nurses as Christian Servants.”
The Carr College of Nursing fosters a supportive environment which challenges professional and advanced practice nursing students to reach their full potentials. The programs’ purposes are to provide a quality professional education which leads to an understanding and philosophy of life consistent with Christian ideals. This involves the following goals:
- The preparation of professional and advanced practice nurses who provide nursing care reflective of their faith and Christian service and who value lifelong intellectual growth.
- The encouragement of practice-oriented clinical judgment and clinical reasoning which acknowledges dependence on God and is built upon a liberal arts foundation and nursing science
- The development of a commitment to Christian values, ethics, intellectual excellence and standards of professional and advanced nursing practice
- The promotion of supportive personal and professional relationships.
- The promotion of lifelong health habits that contribute to a better quality of life physically, spiritually, psychologically and socially.
- The emphasis of a servant-leadership lifestyle which prepares graduates who have a respect for cultures and an understanding of world missions.