Harding Academy strives to be a Christ-centered school that cultivates a love for learning, while educating the heart and mind for eternity.
While our primary goal is to assist each child in his or her walk with God through obedience to His commands, second is our devotion to the development of each child's talents to his or her fullest potential.
Harding Academy will be recognized as a leader in advancing Christ-centered living and learning through its spiritual development, high quality academics, and co-curricular programs for prekindergarten through 12th grade students.
An Emphasis on Service
We are called as a Christian school to prepare our students to be "salt and light" in this world. We believe all students have potential to use their God-given strengths and talents to their fullest use in His service. Whether it is in worship, service, or academic endeavors, we want to deliver a unique, Christ-centered experience for our students. One that will help them grow as Jesus did . . . in wisdom, stature, and in favor with God and man.
Harding Academy is a place for spiritual formation. Through its Bible classes and Student Association students are involved with service projects throughout the year.
Accreditation & Test Scores
The Academy is one of only a few schools in the state, region, or nation (Public or Private) fully accredited by 3 organizations.
- District accreditation status with AdvanceEd
- ANSAA (Arkansas Nonpublic School Accrediting Association)
- NCSA (National Christian School Association)
Academically, the Academy again advanced the school's average ACT score to 25.7 (the state average is 20.4, while the national average is 21). Last spring, our graduating class was offered over $2.1 million in scholarships.
Our students are also encouraged to take the Advanced Placement Courses and our students have a higher passing rate than the national average. National 57%; Arkansas 32%; Harding Academy 73%.
Pre-school Program: 3 Classrooms (3 & 4 year olds)
Elementary: Kindergarten - 6th grade
High School: 7th - 12th Grade
School Year: 178 days
Master's or higher degrees: 70 percent
Classes taught by certified teachers: 100 percent
1 in 4 students in America attend private school
Parents welcomed and seen as partners
Cross Age Mentoring builds lifelong character and strong spiritual relationships
Integrating Technology in all areas of education preparing our students for the 21st century
- All students are required to take the ACT Exam. The 2017 score for Harding Academy was 25.8. The average score in the state of Arkansas is 19.4 and the national average is 21.
- Harding Seniors consistently receive over 2 million dollars in scholarship money
- College courses from Harding University
- Academy students taking AP or Dual credit classes entered college with an average of 10 hours of college credit
- Art Program consistently produces local and state winners
- Drama Department produces at least 2 productions per year
- Daily Chapel
- Daily Bible Classes
- Scoped and Sequenced Bible Curriculum Thematic Memory Verse Program
- Service Projects
- 10-day Chorus tour
- Continually receives highest ratings in sight readings
- Has performed in 38 states
- Best in Class 3A four out of six years
- Participating in FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- International competition combining all 50 states and numerous countries and provinces
- Focused on strengthening and refining skills in engineering, public speaking, marketing, research, and development
- Strong athletic programs
- 23 State Championships
- Athletes also excel academically receiving top honors in all classifications