Applying for Admission
Before applying for transfer admission, it is a good idea to understand how your current credits will transfer and apply toward your desired degree program at Harding.
1. Complete Transfer Credit Evaluation - determine how your credits will transfer.
- Review your courses via the Transfer Equivalency System to determine how courses taken at the other regionally accredited institution(s) will transfer to Harding University.
- Transferology is another available tool to determine course equivalency. However, if you have detailed questions regarding course equivalency, you may request an Equivalency Evaluation.
Email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: “Prospective Transfer Student - Your Name”
- Name of institution(s)
- List of courses taken with course code and title
- Year courses were taken
- Click here to log into your personalized website and complete an online application.
3. Pay $50 Application Fee
- Credit Card or in-person or by calling 800-477-4407
- Check made payable to Harding University. In person or mail to
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
915 E. Market Ave.
Searcy, AR 72149-5615
- Or pay online through applyWeb (fee must be paid in order to submit electronic application)
4. Submit official transcripts from every institution the student has attempted coursework
Electronically via transcript service partnered with the previous institution(s). Contact the institution(s) to learn how to have transcript sent to Harding electronically. See if getmytranscript.com has partnered with the previous institution(s) to process online requests and electronic delivery of transcripts. Note: This is a fast tool to get your transcript to Harding if the previous institution(s) is partnered with the site, but not all schools are.
- By mail: sent directly from the previous institution(s) to Harding
- In person: brought by the student in a sealed, unopened envelope from the previous institution(s)
- If student is 21 years old and has completed 105 hours or more, or older than 21 years old, they are not required to live on-campus.
- If student is 23 years old or older, they may not live in a dorm, however, apartments on campus are available.
- A student, regardless of age and hours, may seek approval for off-campus approved housing by contacting the Office of Student Life.
- Complete Housing Preference Form: Online Form or paper form obtained from Admissions Counselor (fax to 501-279-4129 or mail to Harding University Office of Undergraduate Admissions, 915 E. Market Ave. Box 12255, Searcy, AR 72149-5615).
- Through applyWeb portal
- Student may pursue Harding University rental options
6. Enrollment Fee
Once you have decided to join the herd, commit by paying your $250 enrollment fee. You can pay this fee online or over the phone by calling 800-477-4407.
- The enrollment fee covers all First-Year Experience costs and activities. This includes Bison Bound (student orientation), Impact (welcome week), and other FYE events such as the First Year Retreat and the Pre-union Dinner.
- This fee is refundable if notified by May 1 for fall applicants, Oct. 1 for spring applicants, and April 1 for summer applicants.
7. Bison Bound: Registration for Bison Bound will begin March 2021.
Once all required documentation has been received, please allow 3-5 business days for Admissions Decision to be made. Required documentation includes: application, app fee, and transcript(s).