As the International Student Services Office, we strive to make sure our students have the resources to maintain their legal status as students with ease. While it is ultimately up to the students to maintain their legal documentation and requirements, we are here to help in any way we can.
Curricular Practical Training Application
The Department of Homeland Security allows F-1 students in good standing to work off campus as part of their curriculum. The off campus work MUST be done for academic credit. An academic advisor must fill out this form.
OPT Application Requirements
Download and print application form I-765.
Send the following documents with the application:
- New I-20 signed by Dr. Boyd recommended approval of OPT and signed by the student. Once you have all the documents, you will have to come to our office and have a new l-20 created to send with your application.
- 1-765 Application for Employment Authorization fill out correctly
- 2 passport photos in color
- Copy of I-94 Departure Record front and back
- Check of $410 made out to U.S. Department of Homeland Security (Do not use USDHS or DHS)
- Copy of VISA page
- Double check email with Dr. Boyd, to prepare Portal account information
Rules for AFTER acceptance for OPT:
- Remember, you have 90 days to find employment from your OPT start date. (If work is not found, you must leave the country)
- 90 days of unemployment will result in termination from SEVP.
- You will receive an email from SEVP saying, “Congratulations, you have been approved.” You will then be able to open your portal account and update your address, employer information, etc.
The insurance from GeoBlue will be added to your Business Office account. The charges will be by semester (August 1-December 31 and January 1-July 31). Download the Member Guide for Harding University.
Stay well with GeoBlue
Staying well while you’re in the United States is important. That’s why Harding University has
selected GeoBlue as your health plan carrier.
With more than 20 years of experience supporting the globally mobile, GeoBlue provides trusted
health insurance coverage and technology-powered services to keep members safe and healthy
on their journey. GeoBlue’s network access in the United States is so expansive that more than
95% of physicians and 96% of hospitals participate. That means you have access to quality
care in every U.S. zip code.
Care at your fingertips
Simplifying the health care experience is our specialty. GeoBlue has created an assortment of
digital resources to make using your plan easy. As an enrolled member, you will receive a
GeoBlue welcome email with the steps to register on the GeoBlue Student website, after you
register, you can refer the GeoBlue Student website here to begin using the secure member
hub. Parents can click here to register on our parent portal.
Once registered, you can access your global benefits information, self-service and concierge-
level member tools. Other features include:
- GeoBlue ID Card
- Certificate of Coverage/Member Guide
- Find a provider
- Profile information
- Total Support & Assistance
- Quick Shortcuts
- Tools & Services
- Travel Resources
With the GeoBlue mobile app, world travelers have convenient access to the best local doctors, hospitals and resources anywhere in the world. Use the app to:
- Find providers
- Display an ID card
- And more
Click here for more information on how to download the GeoBlue mobile app right now. Did you know you can get access to quality, non-emergency care from the comfort of your home? It’s convenient and it’s at no cost to you. With our Global TeleMD smartphone app, you have free 24/7/365 access to confidential, non-emergency, remote care. Click here for more information.
Adapting to a new routine and environment can be overwhelming. If you’re feeling anxious, depressed, homesick, or unlike your usual self—know that help is always available with Global Wellness Assist. It’s free, confidential and here for you 24/7/365. Click here for more information.
- Walton Scholar Program
- Chinese Student Services
- Diversity Services
- International Admission
- DHS Regulations
- Don’t forget to have your F-1 (1-20) signed once a year either by Dr. Nicky Boyd or Mary Bolin.
Student Center 237