Seeking Harding's Sixth President
Dr. Robert C. Walker, chairman of the Harding University board of trustees, has appointed a presidential search committee to identify and recommend the University’s next president. CarterBaldwin, an executive search firm, has been hired to assist the board and the committee with the search process. We ask the Harding family to join the board of trustees and the presidential search committee in prayer for God’s guidance to the right person as Harding’s next president.
Presidential Search Committee Members
Board of Trustees
- Tim Bewley, member; Parking Management Company CFO
- Charles Ganus, vice chair; retired executive, Murphy Oil
- Stephanie Howell, member; private foundation manager
- Lundy Neely, member; retired CEO
- Roy Reaves, past chair; retired bank president
- Harold Redd, treasurer; minister
- Robert C. Walker, chairman; general surgeon
Faculty and Staff
- David Collins, executive vice president
- Donny Lee, dean, College of Education
- Ron Smith, chair, department of mathematics; vice chair, Faculty Leadership Council
- Robin Maynard, attorney; co-chair, President’s Council, Harding University
- Mark Weeks, CFO, Kingswell Capital
- Cordell Zalenski, finance, Walmart Corp.
Assisted by CarterBaldwin Executive Search.
Proposed Search Timeline
February 2021 through early March
The presidential search committee meets. The Harding family is asked to provide input through a survey. President profile is published in digital and print media and disseminated to CarterBaldwin database.
Early March through early May
CarterBaldwin will help Harding identify and recruit appropriate candidates. We invite qualified individuals to confidentially apply by submitting a CV or resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Harding family may also use this email address to submit candidate nominations. Candidates are contacted by CarterBaldwin. The presidential search committee conducts conference calls for updates and prayer.
Early May through June
The presidential search committee and CarterBaldwin meet to discuss candidates and provide an update to the board of trustees. CarterBaldwin conducts interviews with semi-finalists (approximately eight). The presidential search committee determines the finalists.
The presidential search committee and the remaining members of the board of trustees will conduct in-person interviews with final candidates.
August through September
The presidential search committee completed its work. We are grateful to the members of the committee for their investment of time and resources on behalf of the Harding family. The board of trustees is reviewing finalists.
The opportunity profile can be found here.
Please check this page periodically for updates on the presidential search.