- Harding University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (www.hlcommission.org; 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604; 800-621-7440).
- Harding University is authorized for operation as a postsecondary educational institution by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission (THEC).
- Harding University has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements.
Harding also maintains specialized accreditation for its programs as appropriate to its educational purposes and has more than 50 degrees/majors offered by colleges, departments, and programs that have specialized accreditation. These programs all benefit from the rigorous program review requirements in the accreditation process which are based on national standardized outcomes.
(The first date listed recognizes the first year of accreditation. The second date recognizes the most recent accreditation.)
- The athletic training program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (2007, 2016).
- The Paul R. Carter College of Business Administration is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (1992, 2011).
The Cannon-Clary College of Education at Harding University is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP - 1140 19th Street, NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC, 20036, phone 202-223-0077) for a period of 7 years from October, 2016 to December, 2023. This accreditation includes the following sites: North Little Rock, AR, Rogers, AR, Searcy, AR, and Memphis, TN. The accreditation does not include individual education courses that the EPP offers to P-12 educators for professional development, re-licensure, or other purposes (1961, 2016).
- The Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), a specialized accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), has granted accreditation to the following programs in the Professional Counseling Program in the College of Education at Harding University: School Counseling (M.S.) and Clinical Mental Health Counseling (M.S./Ed.S.) (2015/2017, 2015/2017).
- Biomedical Engineering (2014, 2019), Computer Engineering (2005, 2019), Electrical Engineering (2007, 2019), and Mechanical Engineering (2007, 2019) are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
- The interior design program at Harding University is accredited by CIDA, the Council for Interior Design Accreditation, 206 Grandville Avenue, Suite 350, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-4014, firstname.lastname@example.org, 616-458-0400 (2009, 2016).
- The department of music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (1983, 2015).
- The Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) at Harding University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Address: 120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2190, Chicago, IL 60606-6995, Phone: 800/877-1600, ext. 5400, E-mail: ACEND@eatright.org, Website: www.eatrightpro.org/acend) (2002, 2020).
The baccalaureate degree in nursing, master's degree in nursing, and post-graduate APRN certificate program at Harding University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791 (2016, 2016); and are approved by the Arkansas State Board of Nursing (ASBN) University Tower Building, 1123 South University Ave., Suite 800, Little Rock, AR 72204-1619, 501-686-2700 (1977, 2016).
- The doctor of pharmacy program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, 135 South LaSalle Street, Suite 4100, Chicago, IL 60503, 312/664-3575; FAX 866/228-2631, www.acpe-accredit.org (2012, 2018).
- The doctor of physical therapy program at Harding University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314; 703-706-3245; email: email@example.com; website: www.capteonline.org. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call 501-279-5990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (2014, 2020).
- The Accreditation Review Commission for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) has granted Accreditation-Continued status to the Harding University Physician Assistant Program sponsored by Harding University. Accreditation-Continued is an accreditation status granted when a currently accredited program is in compliance with the ARC-PA Standards. Accreditation remains in effect until the program closes or withdraws from the accreditation process or until accreditation is withdrawn for failure to comply with the Standards. The approximate date for the next validation review of the program by the ARC-PA will be September 2021. The review date is contingent upon continued compliance with the Accreditation Standards and ARC-PA policy. (2005, 2014).
- The social work program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (1978, 2017).
- The master’s (M.S.) education program in speech-language pathology at Harding University is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) 2200 Research Boulevard # 310, Rockville, MD 20850, (telephone 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700. (2012, 2017).
- The Child Life undergraduate program is endorsed by the Association of Child Life Professionals (ACLP). ACLP defines endorsement of academic programs in child life as an assurance that a program meets the standards and requirements set forth in the Standards for Academic and Clinical Preparation Programs found in the most current Official Documents of the ACLP. Students graduating from an endorsed program will still need to complete an eligibility assessment with ACLP, but will not need to have each course reviewed as endorsement signifies inclusion of all areas of the coursework requirements. Eligibility to sit for the Certified Child Life Specialist (CCLS) certification exam depends on successful completion of both the eligibility assessment as well as clinical experience requirements (2019, 2019).
- The Family Life Education undergraduate program is approved by the National Council on Family Relations as meeting the Standards and Criteria required for the Provisional Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) designation (2003, 2018).
- Harding University is recognized by the Arkansas Department of Higher Education and is a participating institution in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement.
- Harding University has state approval from the Arkansas Department of Education to offer professional education programs for educator licensure or endorsement.
- Harding School of Theology is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools, and the following degree programs are approved: Master of Divinity, Master of Arts in Counseling, Master of Arts in Christian Ministry, Master of Arts, Doctor of Ministry. The Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools, 10 Summit Park Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15275, 412-788-6505 (1997, 2019).