Cannon-Clary College of Education
Tuition for the 2021-2022 school year has been reduced more than 22%!Expand your leadership
Prepare for district-level administration through one of Harding's leadership programs: the Educational Specialist (Superintendent) degree or superintendent endorsement. Either program will grant superintendent licensure following the successful completion of the School Superintendent Assessment (SSA) and a year of principal experience. Let Harding University assist you in taking the next step in your career!*
*These programs are for those who have or will seek Arkansas licensure.
Educational Specialist in Educational Leadership (Superintendent)
**See the Endorsements Section for more information.
- Complete the online application.
- Request official transcripts* be sent directly from previous institutions to email@example.com.
- Request professional or academic recommendations from two individuals who can
- address your potential for success in the selected graduate program and
- address your professional and academic background.
- Request support from your superintendent, specifically include the following:
- Support for your participation in the program
- A statement of support allowing you to participate in field experiences
- Upload a copy of your Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) immunization record.
- Upload a resume.
- Upload a copy of your current educator license including a Standard Principal License (or show completed program requirements to receive a Standard Principal License via your transcript.) Note: To be eligible for a Superintendent License at the end of the program, the applicant must have a Standard Principal License and a minimum of one year of experience as an administrator.
- Upload documentation of your last three years of licensed teaching experience (i.e. a copy of your signed teaching contract or a letter on official letterhead with the signature of your principal or Human Resources Office).
*Note: Harding alumni and current students do not need to request Harding transcripts as they are on file.
ADDITIONAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- If your GPA is less than 3.00 on academic work from a previous degree, an official GRE score should be sent to Harding University. Provisional admittance for GPAs between 2.5 and 2.99 will be considered.
- An admission/advising interview will be conducted with the program director via phone, Zoom conferencing or face-to-face.
- Provide documentation of Science of Reading Awareness (Phase 1) in the Prescribed Pathway Credentials. Those who have not completed this at admission must provide documentation of completion prior to finishing their program at Harding University.
Please direct questions to:
Educational Leadership Office
1. Maintain a minimum cumulative 3.00 GPA in all graduate work with no grade lower than C.
2. Complete an internship in district administration.
3. Complete a specialist project.
4. Compile and present a professional portfolio over Arkansas and national accreditation standards. Upon completion of your portfolio defense, you will be required to take an Exit Survey.
5. Pass written comprehensive exams.
6. Complete the Petition for Graduation pdf the semester before you expect to graduate.
7. Complete on Online Graduation Application.