Cannon-Clary College of Education
Tuition for the 2022-2023 school year remains at a reduced rate!
If you already have a bachelor's degree, Harding's M.A.T. program will grant you a master's degree toward a teaching license at the K-6, 4-8, 7-12 or K-12 grade levels in content areas of your choice.
The following licensure areas are offered:
Elementary Level: Grades K-6
Middle Level: Grades 4-8
Language arts, math, science, social science
Secondary Level: Grades 7-12
Foreign Language (French, Latin or Spanish)
Music (Instrumental or Vocal)
For those interested in Special Education, there are two options available. Whichever area you choose, you will be granted a master's degree toward a teaching license. Those areas are:
Special Education K-12
Early Childhood/Special Education Integrated B-K Teachers for early childhood-birth to kindergarten are in demand.
What options do I have for completing the program?
Track I: Provisional Licensure Track (35 hours)
You can teach full time while pursuing your degree. You must become eligible for and obtain a provisional license in the area of expertise in which you are seeking licensure before you begin teaching.
Track II: Traditional Student Teaching Track (35 hours)
You can follow a traditional teacher preparation program culminating with a semester of student teaching.
Important Policy Statement: Students who are participating in one of the six-credit hour student teaching classes (ELED 6410, MLED 6420, SEED 6510, SEED 6520, SPEC 6550, SPED 6530) are considered to be full-time students.
- Complete the online application.
- Request official transcripts* be sent directly from previous institutions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request professional/academic recommendations from three individuals.
- Upload a copy of your Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) immunization record.
- Request official scores from the appropriate Praxis Subject Assessment(s) be sent to Harding University.
*Note: Harding alumni and current students do not need to request Harding transcripts as they are on file.
ADDITIONAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or 2.9 on the last 60 hours
- Passing score for Praxis Subject Assessment(s) prior to or during your first semester
- Background check
- MAT Canvas Course
- GRIT Scale Survey
- Provide documentation of Science of Reading Awareness (Phase I) in the Prescribed Pathway Credentials. Those who have not completed this at admission must provide documentation of completion prior to finishing their program at Harding University.
Please direct questions to:
Department of Graduate Studies in Education
The M.A.T. program consists of 35 hours. Please see the curriculum plan for more information.