Cannon-Clary College of Education
Tuition for the 2021-2022 school year has been reduced more than 22%!
If you are a licensed teacher seeking Special Education K-12 licensure, the M.Ed. Special Education K-12 is for you! It is also possible to attain the Dyslexia Therapist Endorsement by adding two additional courses (see our Endorsements for more information).
- Complete the online application.
- Request official transcripts* be sent directly from previous institutions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request professional/academic recommendations from three individuals.
- Upload a copy of your current educator license (or have official scores of the appropriate Praxis exams sent to Harding University).
- Upload a copy of your Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) immunization record.
*Note: Harding alumni and current students do not need to request Harding transcripts as they are on file.
Additional Admission Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0, 3.0 on the last 60 hours, or a master's degree.
- Cumulative GPA for provisional admittance: between 2.35 and 2.99 (must maintain a 3.0 on the first 12 hours of coursework).
- If your GPA is less than 3.00, an official GRE score should be sent to Harding University.
- Provide documentation of Science of Reading Proficiency (Phase II) as described by Prescribed Pathway Credentials. Those who have not completed this at admission must provide documentation of completion prior to finishing their program at Harding University.
Please direct questions to:
Department of Graduate Studies in Education
- Comprehensive exams are required during your last semester in the program.
- You must complete the 35-hour program of study.
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 in all graduate work with no grade lower than C.
- You may have a maximum of two C's.
- You must complete a minimum of 29 hours of your graduate work with Harding University.
- You must complete all requirements within eight years from the time of admission to the graduate program.
- Complete the Petition for Graduation pdf the semester before you graduate.
- Complete the Online Graduation Application.
The M.Ed. in Special Education K-12 program of study consists of 35 hours. Please see the curriculum plan for more information.
Please note: Interns must complete the course work and pass comprehensive exams before graduation. In addition for licensure, a Praxis II exam is required by the Arkansas Department of Education.