Other Ways to Give
Electronic Bank Draft
Setting up your gift to draft from your bank is easy. Call 1-800-477-4312 ext 2, and we will help you set it up.
While many of our donors are familiar with their company's matching gift programs, many others are not. There are two ways we have come up with to help our alumni and donors to discover if this is a possibility: (1) add information directly to our web site or (2) through a service which will link directly with our site. The second service is a fee service, so we want to try the first method first and the information listed is for possible future use only.
Matching Gift Programs
- Employer matching gift programs
- Ask Harding to see if your company will match a gift
- Partial alphabetical listing of companies that match employee contribution
Employers set up matching gift programs as a way to make charitable contributions to organizations that are important to its employees. Harding University receives more than $300,000 annually in donor-initiated matching gifts from corporations and foundations. These employer matching gift programs can double or sometimes triple your contribution to Harding.
Simple Steps to Secure a Corporate Match
- Obtain the form and necessary instructions from your personnel or human resources department.
- Complete the employee's section and sign the form.
- Send the form to:
Harding University's Advancement Office
Searcy, AR 72149
- We will complete our section and return it to the company.
Does your spouse work for a company with a matching gift program, too? If so, your efforts to obtain a second corporate match will be greatly appreciated.
In some cases, companies will even match gifts from retired employees, spouses, or members of board directors.
Many companies have matching gift programs. Matching gifts are a very important way in which you can enhance your charitable giving.
Corporate matches usually double or even triple the benefit of your gift. You have an opportunity to direct you employer's philanthropic dollars to Harding.
Stocks and Securities
Transferring your investment of stocks and bonds into an investment in Harding's students is a two-part process:
- Have your stockbroker make transfer arrangements with Harding's stockbroker using the following information:
Charles Schwab & Co
DTC Code: 0164
650 S. Shackleford, Ste. 140
Little Rock, AR 72211
Account Name: Harding University, Inc.
Account #: 4106-6374
Contact: Tim Jones (501)279-4920
- Contact Harding directly on the date of the transfer, advising us of the name of the stock, the number of shares transferred, the donor's name and instructions about where the gift is to be directed. Email details to Julie Turner, or call Harding Advancement at 800-477-4312 ext 4. The gift is considered complete when the shares are received into a Harding brokerage account, and the value will be based on the average high/low price for the day the shares are received.
Giving stocks and bonds that have increased in value may provide you with greater tax benefits than giving cash. Your charitable income tax deduction is equal to the fair market value of the securities (subject to AGI limitations), and you avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the fair market value over the original cost of the asset. Consult your tax advisor for complete information about the tax benefits available.
You’ve heard it said, “It’s great to be at Harding!” A big contributor to that fact is our faculty and staff throughout campus. Not only do they devote their time and expertise to our students, but they are also committed to furthering our mission by giving back to Harding. If you are employed by Harding and would like to make an impact on our students and campus, please follow the appropriate link below to make your gift.
- Write a check to: Harding University
Harding University Advancement
- Give through Payroll Deduction
- Give with a credit card
- PDF Pledge Form (for printing, filling out and mailing in)
Listed below are numerous general endowment opportunities available. These and many other funds may be named for your family, business or corporation. They may also be named in your honor as the donor or in honor or memory of a loved one. Such arrangements are completed through formal agreement between you and the University Advancement Office.
Gifts to Establish Faculty Endowment Funds
- $1,000,000 - Endowed Chair for support of a distinguished professor
- $500,000 - Endowed Professorship for the support of senior faculty
- $250,000 - Endowed Fellowship for support of junior faculty
- $50,000 - Faculty Development and Enhancement
Gifts to Establish Student Endowment Funds
- $250,000 - Trustee Scholar Endowment
- $25,000 - Endowed Scholarship
Center for Charitable Estate Planning
Making a planned gift is a wonderful way to support our mission at Harding while accommodating your own personal goals. We are here to help. Need help creating or updating your estate plan? Our partner PhilanthroCorp can assist you through the process. You can also achieve your personal financial goals and support Harding through multiple planned giving options.